Things to Know About Temporary Safety Barriers
Temporary safety barrier are usually required if there is any undergoing work on the roads and road reserves. These tasks involve various activities such as plumbing connections, cable works, tree planting and pruning, unloading vehicles and repair works. Safety barriers are those that physically separate the work area from the remaining part of the road to resist penetration of an out of control vehicle and have the ability to redirect the particular vehicle back on to the road away from the targeted region. The k rails are made for both temporary and permanent applications to serve multiple purposes such as securities, traffic diversions, and access blocks. The benefits of using them are listed below,
– To avoid any potential traffic conflicts such as head on collisions.
– To protect the public from any hazardous objects or deep evacuation near the traffic.
– To save the workers or any working equipment from any external disturbance.
– To separate footpaths or bicycle paths from the traffic.
– Jersey barriers can limit traffic and block off a parking lot or road entrance.
They are necessarily needed when,
– Works are being undertaken on long term and the required clearance between the traffic and the workers is not available.
– Maintaining high speed limit for passing vehicle is desired and to allow greater traffic volume to pass the worksite.
– It is not possible to close a lane and separate the workers from traffic.
Different barriers provide different level of protection. So the barriers used on a site should match its working conditions.
The requirements of a competent barrier are,
– It must be in a good condition.
– It should be certified that it meets the expectations and the test level needed for the working conditions
The barriers should be installed by personnel with suitable experience. Make sure that you obtain detailed installation instructions from the manufacturer/supplier before the purchase. The barriers should be set up in accordance with their direction for a safe and practical worksite and to have a safe installation for the motorists to pass.
– The installed safety barrier has the required clearance behind it varying approximately from one meter to six meters so that no one would be struck if an out of control vehicle strikes the barrier.
– The barriers have the required number of interconnected barrier units.
– It should be properly positioned relative to the traffic and other obstacles. It should also be sited on an appropriate base material.
It is expected that the same level of protection should be provided to both the workers and the pedestrians.