Chicken and Brown Rice Soup Recipe
Chicken and brown rice recipe is a hearty soup with chicken and rice seasoned with celery.
Ingredients used for the chicken and brownish rice soup recipe
250 grams of chicken breast, brown rice, soaked in 8.1 cups, salt to taste, 2 tablespoons oil, celery, chopped 2-inch stick, onion, chopped 1 medium mushrooms, thinly sliced 5-6, 1 teaspoon whitepepper, 2 tablespoons butter, refined flour (Maida) 2 tbsp milk 1 / 2cup white wine 4 tablespoons
Method of preparation:
Cook brown rice, salt and ¾ cup water until done. Drain and keep aside. In a stockpot, combine chicken, along with two cups of water.
Bring to a boil, then reduce over low heat.
Simmer for ten to fifteen minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and tender. Remove from pan and cool chicken. Strain and reserve broth in saucepan. When chicken is cool, shred and set aside.
Heat oil in same stock pot over medium heat and cook the onion and celery for five minutes. Add mushrooms and cover. Boil for five minutes, stirring occasionally, until everything is soft. Add the broth and partially cooked brown rice stockpot.
Add white pepper powder, salt and leave uncovered for fifteen minutes. Melt the butter saucepan over medium heat. Mix the flour, until smooth. Whisk the milk and continue cooking until mixture is bubbly and thick.
Add the broth mixture, stirring the milk mixture. Mix shredded chicken and white wine. Let it heat through for about fifteen minutes. Serve warm.
1. Preparation time: 25 minutes
2. Cooking time: 40 minutes
3. Servings: 4
Here Are Five Reasons to Switch to Brown Rice and Pasta
1. It tastes better. unpolished rice and pasta have flavour. It doesn’t actually need a sauce to taste good, although a healthy and hearty sauce really does make the meal. My favourite is a mix of cottage cheese and crushed tomatoes for a high protein pasta sauce. It tastes so creamy you would never guess it was good for you.
2. Brown rice and pasta are a protein source. Between 5-12g of protein per serving!
3. High in fiber. It’s tough to get 20-30 grams of fiber a day but a serving of either brown pasta or rice covers over 30% of daily recommended intake.
4. It’s filling. The complex carbohydrates in brown and whole grain food make you feel fuller, longer. When you eat white food you get hungry again really soon. Even if you ate a big meal.
5. More vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants. You should always get the most out of a meal as you can.
Sometimes it can be hard to make the switch. Start slowly by changing one thing at a time. It could be just your pasta or just the bread you make your sandwich with for lunch. Soon you will wonder how you ever ate white over unpolished rice in the first place.
Make The Switch!